Tugas 2Bahasa Inggris
TOEFL exercise (skill 1-3) : choose the letter of the underlined word or group of words that is not correct.
1. Nobody know(a) when the process(b) of glass-making was(c) invented(d).
- Answer : A.know
- Because the subject singular (nobody), so knows
2. The languages of the world presents(a) a vast array(b) of structural similarities(c) and differences(d).
- Answer : A.presents
- Because the subject plural (the languages), so present
- Answer : A.have
- Because the subject singular (the rise of multinationals), so has not have.
4. All of the east-west interstate highways in the united states has(a) even numbers(b), while north south interstate highways are(c) odd-numbered(d).
- Answer : A.has
- Because the subject singular (all of east-west interstate highways) ,so has become have.
5. When(a) a massive star in the large magellanic cloud exploded(b) in 1987, a wave of neutrinos were(c) detected(d) on earth.
- Answer : C.were
- because a a wave is singular so was not were
- Answer : c.are
- because, Every open is singular so is not are
7. Krakatoa is remembered(a) as the volcano that put(b) so much ash into the air that sunsets the world was affected(c) for two years afterward(d).
- Answer : c.was affected
- Because sunsets (noun plural) so were affected not was affected.
8. The term “Yankee” was(a) originally a nickname for people from new england, but now anyone from united states are(b) referred(c) to as(d) a Yankee.
- Answer : B. Are
- Because anyone is singular,so is not are.
- Answer : C. Supply
- Because a network is singular so supply become supplies
10. Mesquite is(a) a small(b) tree in the southwest who(c) can withstand(d) the severest drought.
- Answer : C.who
- The subject not people is noun so which not who.